" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Friday, December 17, 2010

just add crackers

Here' a recipe you might enjoy during the holidays.....quick, easy, 4 ingredients, delicious!


Chicken Cheese Ball

1 can (12 oz) white chicken
1 8 oz bar cream cheese (softened to room temp)
1 pkg dry original Ranch Dressing mix
3/4 cup (more or less) chopped pecans
Add Image
Drain chicken and shred or chop. Mix with cream cheese. Add ranch mix. Mix well, form ball, roll in chopped pecans or sliced almonds. Refrigerate until ready to serve. I think it is better made ahead. It gives the flavors time to blend.

I have had this recipe for years, but only made it once. Made it again this week for the Hubby's work Christmas party....and they ate it all! Several people asked for the recipe. Made me think some of you might like it, too!
Hope you are enjoying your preparations for Christmas. I am happy to say that my shopping is done and all the gifts are wrapped!
Woohoo!! I am meeting our TN son to get the "grand girls" tomorrow. They are spending the week with us and we are really looking forward to that! I see "Monkey Joe's" (an indoor play place of inflatables), the movie theater (Narnia), and the nail salon (even at 7 and 4 they like "manis" and "pedis" ha! ha! ) in my near future. :-)
I pray that your weekend will be blessed
and fun!!

5 comments :

  1. woo-hoo! Here, home school finishes up today, so let the Christmas fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm sure it will come in handy. Here's the funny thing...I didn't know chicken came in tins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your Weekend! I love the recipe, It sounds like a fun weekend. You have to let me know how Narnia is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie, Have a safe trip and you know I never get to see movies in December. :) Oh well, Have a wonderful week with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your recipe. It sounds tasty and easy too :).

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.