" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, December 27, 2010

christmas at our house


I know many of you had beautiful and elaborate tablescapes for your Christmas dinner tables....and I hope to get to see them on your blogs. My "crowd" is much more casual...they like things simple and comfortable with lots of elbow room and plenty of space for the "groceries" as the hubby likes to call "country cooking"! So, a happy snowman, some snow, and some Christmas tableware is all there is!




Like Judy, I have tried to make some different dishes and desserts, but the family wants the same thing every year....their favorites. Again, nothing fancy...just simple and tasty.



Here they are.....digging in and wishing Mom would just sit down and quit taking pictures! :-)

This was the scene ten minutes later...ha! ha!


After lunch, we exchanged our gifts. Kids couldn't wait to start enjoying theirs! The young artist painting with water... these books are a great invention!


Cousins watching Toy Story 3 on the new portable DVD player


Squeal!!........"I really wanted a pillow pet....I really wanted a pillow pet. Look, Dad I got a pillow pet!" Aunt L and Uncle B hit a home run with this one!


Dora on a Nintendo DS....a happy combo. She sat there for long time playing...completely oblivious to those around her.
Look at those curls!! :-)



The boy loves Thomas! The play rug along with "Hank", a coal car, was a gift from his aunt and uncles. He was a happy guy!


We had a nice day....love and laughter...food and fun...giving and receiving...blessing and being blessed! We are so grateful for the family God has given us .....three precious children, another sweet daughter and son by marriage, and three grand "grands"!






There is a sweet new saying that I am seeing everywhere these days...."All because two people fell in love!"
Maybe it should be "all because two people made the commitment to love each other." I think that love lasts longer! :-) It did start with just us two and now there are 10.....God has truly blessed. As I looked around the room while we were opening gifts, my heart was filled with joy and gratitude. Having a family that loves the Lord, loves each other and that enjoys being together has always been a desire of my heart. My Heavenly Father has certainly given me that. That is the best Christmas gift I could ever get!

3 comments :

  1. So nice of you to share. I think it looks like a very nice day. It does make you catch your breath doesn't it when you look down the table at all of the people God has blessed you with. I have a big dinning room and we are outgrowing it. When I look at my husband and we all bow our heads and he says the blessing, I almost cry every time that I have a family and it all came from God.

    It looks so nice. Did you read Father Tim today? I never sat down long enough, we had sun and we are getting more storms so I stayed outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely the best Christmas gift ever! It sounds (and looks) like a lovely time from beginning to end. Sweet grands...love the curls too!

    Our families like traditions...from familiar foods to routines...especially at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a beautiful peek into your Christmas festivites. Looks like a wonderful time was had and some great memories made!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.