" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, July 7, 2014

hang it up!



I've had some empty spaces on my walls since we remodeled.
In some cases, I wasn't sure what I wanted. 
In others, I couldn't seem to get a project finished!
But, this past weekend, I made some progress!!

I made this small quilt in a quilting class last fall.
I wanted to hang it, but most hangers were for larger quilts.
Back in May, I bought some old fashioned clothespins
painted blacks with the idea that I would use them somehow.
Last week, I found this sign and had the thought to combine the two.
It worked... with a little help from Hubby...
 who had the super-duper glue for the pins and figured out how to make
sure the quilt didn't slip out. I like it!
 


 I found this at Hobby Lobby, but it was aqua.
Pretty, but not a color I could use.
So, I pulled out my paints and made it match 
my decor. I think it still needs a little something...
it will come to me in time!


I found these frames at Hobby Lobby, too.
They were perfect in color and design but
I wasn't sure what kind of picture I should put in them.
Then I remembered some old postcards that our son 
and daughter-in-law bought for our 40th Anniversary party.
 

This is the old post office and courthouse in my hometown.


And, this is Hubby's old high school.
I'm happy with them, too!
 

A long  time ago, I bought an old window similar to this one
with the intention of re-purposing it.
It took a while, but I finally got it done...


and I like it, too!


It looks good hanging in our study and it reminds us
 of some special times!

So, my walls are so bare anymore. I am still working on
a couple of other things, but I'll be concentrating on getting
ready for our family beach trip this week.
So, they will have to wait!

Thanks for dropping by...your visits are a blessing to me! :-)

10 comments :

  1. You have a beautiful style that "fits" you. I think you ought to tuck some flowers into the birdcage piece that you painted - not a lot, just a little bit to add dimension. But I'm no interior designer! You'll do well without taking my advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things like this do take time! I've been wanting to redo photos in frames etc and it's so easy to procrastinate.. but having some nice new frames is good incentive. I especially like the window frame and the heart shaped décor with the birds! I bet it feels good to have this done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good choices for your walls, Miss Debbie! What fun to fill them up with meaningful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A family beach trip? Pooh, sounds like so much fun!

    I love your quilt hanger! Adorable! I've framed some vintage postcards from places where DH and I have visited and have them hanging in my sewing room in a little grouping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like how they look and that window is just great.
    It does take awhile doesn't it to get things on the walls?
    You have been really busy this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt is so beautiful and I really like the way you hung it.. i love the window idea a lot. looks like your walls are filling up quickly and you are having fun being creative..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of it!! I'm not at all creative that way so it always impresses me when others can pull things together like that! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oohhhh I love all your frames!! Every single piece of "art" in my home has special meaning!! Either a photograph I have taken, something I have painted or created and I also frame postcards!! Everything looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You accomplished a lot. I love what you did with the old window. Postcards are such good travel mementos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed, I love all of them and I bet your enjoying them on the walls!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.