" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

puttering around



On Sunday, in Franklin, NC, we passed this little place.
One U-turn later, we were in their parking lot!



Inside we found this replica of an old airplane...


and this classic...the truck I mean! :-)


A caboose...appropriate decor for a "whistle stop"!


It was a big place with lots to see. I bought a framed print
for our bedroom.The frame needs a coat of paint
and then it will be perfect.

Saturday, after visiting Moccasin Creek, we did a drive-thru
in Helen, Georgia's Alpine Village.
We have been there many times, but it has been a while. 
I didn't really want to shop there, but  
thought it would be interesting to see how it had changed.
 Sadly, it is much more commercialized and, boy, was it crowded!
So, I snapped a picture and we kept going!





In Clayton, we spotted an indoor flea market
 and decided to check it out.
There was furniture, collectibles, thousands of albums,
jewelry, leather goods and this...


This was definitely a "one stop shopping" flea market!!

We ventured downtown to find most of the stores closed 
because it was Sunday. 
But we spotted an ice cream parlor and made a bee-line
for it. On the way, Hubby saw a shop across the street
with his name on it!
Had to get a picture of that!!


There were other shops and another flea market.
It was fun poking around and finding some treasures.
Sometimes, you just don't know what you need until you see it! :-)
What we did need was a little get away...
we got that...and it was fun!! :-)

2 comments :

  1. Is that a coffin??? :-o

    Looks like a nice little getaway to me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sometimes you don't know what you need until you see it! Amen to that...

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.