" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

eyes to see

This past Sunday in Sunday School, we were talking about the story of the Good Samaritan. It is a familiar story and it is easy to read through it without looking for deeper meaning. God likes to hide little nuggets that we have to dig for. 


We talked about why Jesus told the parable...what He intended to teach us. Someone asked, "How do we know who God wants us to help...and for how long?" 


A voice from the back of the room said, "Whether it is looking to find the full meaning in a scripture or desiring wisdom as to who God would have us minister to, the answer is relationship. The closer we are to Christ, the better our vision is. His Spirit gives us eyes to see the truth and to see the needs around us."


I believe we all knew that, but that phrase..."the closer we are to Christ, the better our vision is" really got everyone's attention. That was a good thought to hold onto as we headed into corporate worship.


This is for each of you...


"I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my
 prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Glory
may give you a spirit of wisdom and
of revelation in the knowledge of Him."
Eph.1:17

4 comments :

  1. That is a good thought and so true. It really makes me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely, a truth to remember . . .if we desire to see as He would see, get closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up with your blog. I have been spring cleaning and trying to decide whether to paint my kitchen/dinning/living area. It is a open area it is a big decision! I laughed when I saw the picture of all the players going after the ball! What a nice shower! I loved the banner and the birds on the cake! It looks like it was wonderful!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely post and I will remember it... the closer we are to Christ, the better our vision is. How often we ask, "but how do I know what He wants me to do?"

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.