" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Friday, February 11, 2011

a special trip with.....

.......my daughter. Can you guess where we are?























I know this is a random post, but I was going through some pictures and came across these. We made this special trip a year before I starting blogging. In May 0f 2009, we went to Niagara Falls to celebrate her graduation from college. She is an outdoors girl....loves God's creation. So, she wanted to see something that reflected His glory!
It was truly magnificent! We did all the "touristy" things.....wore lots of ponchos and got wet.....went behind the falls, in front of the falls, and IN the falls...... rode in a boat, a sky car, and a horse drawn carriage..... crossed the Canadian border, the American border, the Canadian border again and the American border again..... ate at Tim Horton's multiple times (and hoped maybe we would get them in the U.S. one day) .....took hundreds of pictures and had a wonderful time!
Now that she is married, it will probably be a long time before she is interested in "going away" with Mom again. So, that makes these memories even sweeter!

3 comments :

  1. Came across your blog and your photos caught my eye. What a wonderful trip!!!! Glad you got a Tim Hortons run a few times:))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!

    I thought this was going to be a quiz, so I was really working hard at figuring out..."What kind of cup is that in the first photo?" (not Starbucks. Surely not Burger King...must be some yummy coffee shop whose cups I don't know.) Then, I figured you were in Hershey, PA, and of course Niagara Falls was pretty obvious.

    I love digging up "oldies" to post on the blog. This trip is certainly worthy to be documented on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...Canada! And Tim Horton's, of course. Niagara Falls is a beautiful place. How fun that you were able to spend time there with your lovely daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.