" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

something to think about

I read this quote from Beth Moore in the book I am currently reading:

"You cannot amputate your history from your destiny.
My past is something Jesus takes hold of and makes into a destiny.
That's called redemption."

I am pondering this......what do you think?

4 comments :

  1. Something good to ponder, because when you think about it, our history is what in my case drove me to Jesus, Without the mistakes and heartbreaks I might not have become humbled enough to take the crumbs of my life to Jesus so he could make food for others. The history showed me only Jesus could change me and make me into something new. I am thankful for the redemption part. I am also very thankful that Once He began a new work in me
    he will keep at it until I am complete in Him. That is a good thought, so glad you shared it because just this morning I was wishing I had never made the choices I did in the early years of my life. But with your quote I see that when I fell to my knees to ask Jesus to forgive me, it was the beginning of a wonderful destiny. Thanks, God used you to make my heart feel better.
    Have a lovely weekend my dear, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good or bad...our history is part of us...and God can use it for His purposes. Food for thought...for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a soul stirring quote. There are things in my past (like most), that I would just as soon forget and 'amputate'. But now when I reflect I see God's grace and mercy alive and how it brings honor to Him. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, our past is part of who we are and we can blame our hardships on that, or use it to make us better... by the grace of God.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.