" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Friday, November 5, 2010

goody, goody! christmas goodies!

Rebecca at Turned Loose posted an easy recipe for Pretzel Turtles today. They look yummy! She asked us to share a recipe for one of our favorite "Christmas Goodies". Here's mine.....

M&M Crunchies

2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp veg shortening
1 2/3 cups plain M&Ms
3 cups corn flakes

Over low heat, melt peanut butter and shortening in heavy saucepan. Add candies. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly with a metal spoon. Press with the back of spoon to break candies until chocolate is mostly melted and pieces of colored coating remain. Remove from heat and add corn flakes. Stir until well coated. Drop by rounded 1/2 tsp onto waxed paper. Let stand until set..... about 30 mins. Store in air tight container. Makes about 3 1/2 doz.

Sorry I don't have a picture. I have had this recipe for many years. I found it on the back of an M&M bag. I looked at their website hoping to find a picture, but they didn't even list this recipe. They are a family favorite and a hit at parties and as gifts. If you like chocolate and crunch, you will like these! I think I'll make some tonight! :-)

2 comments :

  1. My weakness of course is M&Ms. I love this recipe and as I am always looking for recipes I will put it down for something to make at Christmas. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a quick, no-bake recipe that my son might enjoy making. We'll get over our sugar high from last weekend and try this soon!

    Thanks for linking to my carnival!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.