" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

ouch!!

For many years, I was involved in ministry in our church.... children's Sunday school, women's ministry, church hostess. I loved seeing how people were helped and blessed as God worked through those ministries to make a difference. About 5 1/2 years ago, we moved to a different church. I have tried to find my niche there, but it just hasn't happened. As a result, I have been disappointed and frustrated. We sang this song at church this morning. It is one of my favorites. Today, the Lord used it to convict my heart of how "me centered" I have been. I talk about wanting to be involved in His service, but my actions say I haven't really been open to what God wants me to do. I have my own ideas about where or how I want to serve.I was reminded that I, as a believer, am called by God to serve by the power of the Holy Spirit. I am saved by grace alone to bring glory to God alone.

"Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee;
Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of thy love.

Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee;
Take my voice and let me sing, always, only for my King.

Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee;
Take my silver and my gold, not a mite would I withhold.

Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise;
Take my intellect and use every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will and make it Thine, it shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is thy own. It shall be thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour at thy feet it's treasure store;
Take myself and I will be ever, only, all for Thee."

Lord, help me to remember that it is all about You and what You have designed for me to do. Open my heart to Your direction. Fill me with Your love for Your people and for the lost and dying world around me that you might receive glory. Amen.

1 comment :

  1. the girls in my book group talked about this a few weeks ago, how we have an idea of what our "gifts" are (like singing, working with children, etc), and often we're not willing to die to ourselves in order to step outside of those and serve others. we started trying to think of specific ways we could serve that were things we didn't normally do. that's how we got the idea to babysit little ones for couples to go to the partnership classes on Wed. night.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.